Thursday, March 7, 2013

Georges Rouault: When Inspiration calls; Ride the Wave!











Upon visiting the Cincinnati Art Museum last Wednesday, I did a study of a Still Life by French Fauvist/Expressionist, Georges Rouault, cir. (1939).  Every time I visit the local museum, I've been oddly attracted to his works, whether they were his Clown, figure of Christ or his Landscapes; this time putting my Ego aside, I read the accompanying information accompanying the Still Life and read how he applied his Stained glass background to his works; something in me went off like a light bulb!!!

Now I can't stop, and as you can see from a few of my latest works, which I've posted for you above; I realized that I ran into unexpected inspiration, and can't wait to visit it again tomorrow(as I plan on going to the museum tomorrow), Thank you Georges Rouault for the inspiration, wherever you are!!

"Surfs up"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment