Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Arshile Gorky; Helps Artist with Disillusionment.

Disillusion  C.T. Rasmuss, oil (2013).

This disillusionment of which I speak of, happens to stem from my current living situation; I moved into my new place with the 'disillusion', that it was going to be perfect...except I didn't count on one thing, a stubborn(drunken) Mule for a neighbor!!

Yet still..  I must keep things in perspective, as the good still outweighs the ugly!

This night in which I turned my despair into positive action, via Disillusion; I surely won the battle, not really against my enemy, but for myself...Soon as I sat down to recollect upon this vision embedded in my subconscious, the title came to me like a shot!  It is what it is, and this very night, all I could relate to was Arshile Gorky's despair, and a painting of his that I could barely recall; a painting that's clear as day now after posting below..

'Garden in Sochi'  Arshile Gorky,  oil (1943).

A painting that affected me more than any other at the MOMA in NYC(as you can see the palettes are very similar, and was it somehow was my guide through this trying time last night:)

My Jungian analysis:

I see myself, atop right, lying down on my side resting with my hands behind my head(orange face, encircled in brown).  I am watching a bird(right below facing to left, outlined in white) eating a seed(orange triangle, outlined in white w/ tip facing bird); just below the seed, a woman is lying flat on her back, arched upward starring at what I'm watching, with a snake slithering from the right side of the kidney shape she rest upon(as the snake intersects into her head).

Disillusion(middle section)  C.T. Rasmuss, oil (2013).

Quite ironic, as this is quite close to how I perceive my current living situation, surrounding bird feeders & Sunflowers outback, haha..just realized the title of Gorky's painting too, 'Garden"; a very crucial part of our feud, as he's mowed over my plants, weed whacked and killed them more ways than one, blah, blah, but I say thank you for the inspiration.

I must, or I lose- for my own sake!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment