Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Art Deco?

Fill in the Blank  C.T. Rasmuss, acrylic (2011).


Would you classify this artwork of mine as Art Deco, based on the many definitions of Art Deco? 

I'm asking you, the viewer to help me decide this matter...it's an example for when art is at its most subjective, vulnerability - Classification. 

After all, it's just a harmless little word, and no where near as important as the essence of what it truly is (which I personally feel is utterly indescribable beyond any written word-as is human emotion and logic itself).

Here's a Wiki definition of Art Deco if you'd like a quick refresher on this classification:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Deco

none the less, I've now given it a proper title after going back through and editing this blog...Thank you for assisting me in 'thinking' aloud!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment