Tuesday, December 11, 2012

'Ode to Vincent Van Gogh', Day 20 by C.T. Rasmuss

25 Post-it Paintings  C.T.Rasmuss, India ink (Dec. 2012).


I recently discovered that an inner circle exists in the WAR ON IDLENESS, thanks to being part of a group called, Son-Art-A within the group, CREATIVA; in which I was able to create much more that (Saturday) night, as opposed to than just being on my own as, C.T. Rasmuss.

To me it's proof that together we are far more prosperous than on our own as in isolation..granted, I create some of my most satisfying work on my own, but I also believe it's important to be part of something bigger than just yourself, as in the words of Steinbeck's Tom Joad(Grapes of Wrath):
"Well, maybe it's like Casy says. A fellow ain't got a soul of his own, just little piece of a big soul, the one big soul that belongs to everybody..."
During this great event last Saturday night I was able to finish over 50 studies compared to just the 1 finished work I normally plan on(via Live Action Painting).  And if you actually count the number of paintings 'posted' above; you'll end up with 27, but I'm only counting 25 because two of them are technically play on words, rather than actual paintings.
May the public decide for themselves on this one, for I am comfortable in my decision of adding these 25 miniature works of art to the 100; as they took over 4 hours in duration & are by the least, 'finished' studies at that.  
Art is art and I am content with the outcome, as you can quote me in my original blog on this subject, seen below:

"...and after 30 days whether I have 100 masterpieces or just 100 studies, it's the experience that's most     important to me here.."
                    ***Original blog on Nov. 22nd, Ode to Vincent Van Gogh, Day 1 of 30 by C.T. Rasmuss

No comments:

Post a Comment