Saturday, July 13, 2013

C.T. Rasmuss & DJEZUP Present..

      Paranoid Sunset-Ode to my friend, Phil Pope,  C.T. Rasmuss; acrylic sound recording (July 2013).


So a buddy from way back & I are teamin up together at a venue coming near you, to bring you live music from DJEZUP, my buddy Wayne Lee Rogers; as I, C.T. Rasmuss paint what I hear.  I have titled the piece above as Paranoid Sunset, it's the 1st experience(informal rehearsal) specifically geared toward our upcoming collaborative; I've performed many times via 'Live Action Painting', as he has Dj'd, but never together in this form.

Here is a List of the 5 colors I used in the artwork above and corresponding songs, in order of application:

1.  Yellow-Nirvana, 'Drain You'
2.  Orange-Rage Against the Machine, 'Take the Power Back'
3.  Green-Incubus, 'Wish You Were Here'
4.  Magenta-Beastie Boys 'You Gotta Fight'
5.  Blue/Purple-RadioHead 'Paranoid Android'

It will be my 1st time performing to original music by an a musician, DJEZUP.  Through this, as a painter I'll be able to focus more artistically and experiment with ideas of how music & painting are related, largely considering theory by Wasilly Kandinsky of course!

DJEZUP will be able to see what his music looks like, I hope, as well as the crowd that attends:)

No comments:

Post a Comment