Thursday, August 22, 2013

House Tree Person Test; Taken by C.T. Rasmuss

The House-Tree-Person test (HTP) is a projective test designed to measure aspects of a person’s personality.

Seen below, is a HTP I administered to myself without realizing it until the end, when it came into fruition:

HTP  C.T. Rasmuss  India Ink/oil on foam-core (2013).


This Work began purely as an Action painting, using India Ink on foam-core at "Last Day at The Pendleton-Cincinnati"; during which I was being interviewed on camera.  I was actually working on three at the same time going back n forth from surface to surface; taking only one to full completion(that day), this not being the one.  I told the interviewer that I would finish the other two at a later date, as it was just not meant to be for these two...and about 6 months later that 'day' had come for this particular one.

First, I discussed with myself: "Why does it need to be the same medium?  I can just continue with oils(my re-current medium of choice), can't I?"

I then, mixed up a palette of oils & took to the palette knife!  After 30 minutes of chaos and frustration I relaxed and took a quick breather, I then saw the perfect place for a house with a yard.  I was reminded of my Graduate studies in Art Therapy at Hofstra out on Long Island & how I coincidentally administered a HTP- House Tree Person Test to my students(Seniors) in Assisted Living just the day before...

So here you have my H-T-P, question is what does it say about me, you be the judge, I still can't figure me out, haha!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment