Saturday, May 24, 2014

Andre Derain's 'Big Ben' Revamps Cincinnati's Mt. Adams in the 21st Century.

World is for our Children   C.T. Rasmuss, oil on canvas; 16"x12" (May 2014).


However small this particular painting may be, I'm completely satisfied with it; and as you can see in the original photograph I took early this spring(April)...that the power of this transition from reality to super-reality is self-evident and why I'm so pleased!

Well I tried for half an hour now tryin to upload photo, which I must concede to "fate" for not allowing for me to reveal the plainness of my photography skills, but I do still have my preliminary sketch for 'World is for our Children'; which I actually did after the 1st painting above, I made it specifically for the final work, still in process below..

BTW:  The photograph I took was on the Ohio River, Kentucky side's view of Mt. Adams                    Cincinnati, OH (spring of 2014); Purple People Bridge (L) Brent Spence Bridge (R).

World is for our Children   C.T. Rasmuss, ink in artist's sketch book; 6"x4.5" (May 2014).

So next is the Final-final stage, which was the purpose of the smaller 16"x12" (original) oil painting; this panel happens to be 48"x36", a very common size used by the Impressionists and Post-Impressionists, also below and last but not least I've included Andre Derain's 'Big Ben' which has been the biggest influence on me for this particular quest..   


 
World is for our Children  C.T. Rasmuss, oil on panel; 48"x36" (May 2014 - work still in process).

CHEERS!!!

Big Ben  Andre Derain, oil (1904).





No comments:

Post a Comment