Friday, May 2, 2014

Monarch Butterfly: Art Class at Michaels with C.T. Rasmuss.

                                                          C.T. Rasmuss, Acrylic (April 2014).

Well I happen to be working at Michaels again, a corporate structure fitted around supplying America with it's Arts & Crafts needs.  As an artist, I need and desire my freedom to paint what I wish.  I also wish these same freedoms for my students.  That said, as a teacher employed here it's also my responsibility to communicate the store's needs, to sell a product, in particular Grumbacher paints and brushes, which I use myself when cost is not so much an issue or they're on sale.

Given these precepts, I'm reaching out to the community to participate in any class that they find interesting (this being the subject matter).   In most classes I teach, it's at the discretion of the individual student or preferences of the class as a community as to what we paint, but at Michaels it will be the same for everyone; in this particular class it would be what you see here: A Monarch Butterfly, and given the same freedom as myself, the student's also encouraged to do it their own way!!

So artist-world, I tell you now that I love what I do and in working for a corporate structure such as Michaels or any other similar system, I will do my best to do it my way and love what I do, for this is a means to an ends; to help further me in my personal pursuit of my American Dream and artistic happiness...and the same to you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment