Monday, August 27, 2018

Painting Reality in The 21st Century

Richmond Island En Plein Air study in oil(alkyd) by C.T. Rasmuss


     In the case you have or haven't read my last post, this is number 3 on the year as far as paying for my $55 park pass, which is now $15 on the year($40 to go).  Now this isn't the lone reason I'm painting the scene of Richmond Island here, but it's good motivation for me to get out this summer and paint a good number of outdoor paintings, or studies what ever you prefer; doesn't matter much to me since all art in reality is just a study of the Grand Scheme of things!

     Speaking of reality, yes I'm aware of the reality that the art world considers Plein air painting as long dead(kitch), along with painting sailboats, the ocean, and perhaps anything recognizable or even moral much of the time; but I don't paint for the art-world and I certainly outgrew my need to be accepted or popular long ago.  I believe in the true world made by the greatest creator of all-GOD!!!   Although much of the time The World seems to have gone Mad, and the art-world with it:

    I'm gonna do the best damn! job I can of embracing every bit of reality in which I can latch onto, it's my perception that with the hopes that I'll be able to communicate this same hope others, those who are in the same boat, wanting to survive these crashing waves of modern day civil destruction.

preliminary sketch of Richmond Island, Graphite on paper C.t. Rasmuss

     Don't let the despair of what the world seems to want to make you see, but search tirelessly with the rest of us that search for GOD, trust me he speaks to us all, every moment of existence, you just have to find a way to listen and communicate, as do I.  So this may be an outdated method of painting to the art world, but I don't paint for them I paint for myself, my soul and a way to share with others what I've been up to:) 


sketch of Portland Headlight in cartouche, Graphite on paper, C.t. Rasmuss


No comments:

Post a Comment