Monday, March 17, 2014

Jackson Pollock Still Life Museum

Jackson Pollock Still Life Museum  C.T. Rasmuss, oil/acrylic/enamel (March 2014).


I'm afraid for my future...afraid like everyone else to some point; But I'm particularly afraid of the painterly(set of ideals) path that I'm headed down, one not only less traveled, but hardly traveled if at all!!  The Jackson Method I've come to know it as, and I plan on continuing well into it; and along with it everything I've been doing for the 1st decade, bringing me up to speed and deeper into this spiral of chaos and dis-order.

On the plus side my biggest hope is: that I fair better than my counterpart/mentor Jackson himself-Headlong into a tree at a modest 50 mph or so; well I'm off to the Pub to play my harmonica and let loose of the generous share of Irish in me, may my Danish side keep me calm, ahahahaa!!!

Jackson Still Life Museum  - closeup - C.T. Rasmuss, oil/acrylic/enamel (March 2014).


Now for a brief description of what you see here: it's a 100% pure oil paining, within a 100% pure enamel/acrylic painting, keeping the integrity of a overall painting in tact.  It's a successful attempt, i believe, in propelling the Art for art's sake further into the existential argument; and w/o losing any validity I must say.  Most important was maintaining overall color balance and composition -holding it together: without losing the original intent of a well executed finished painting, and not:
 "just a neat idea"-poor execution(painting).

Thank You- Happy St. Patty's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment