Monday, March 10, 2014

The Jackson Method: is Legit.

The Big Four  C.T. Rasmuss, acrylic/The Jackson Method (March 2014).

The above painting of mine was done using my "Jackson Method" which I have adopted by the phenomenon invented by America's great artist, Jackson Pollock(Jack the dripper)!! 

I do not wish to just emulate this great artist and his most famous technique, but I wish to go beyond and find more about this technique, the validity of it, why it works and how to improve upon it.

In this particular painting I've been able to loosely bring together four principle areas in physics and science together, for now the mere mentioning and introduction to them shall suffice for now.

The Big Four  C.T. Rasmuss, close-up

After preparing the canvas with color, I began the action painting; just like usual expect now I can recognize it as a different style.  A different technique from the ones I applied later in the process, when using the black, then white; I recognized this differentiation in methods, because my intuition spoke: "chaos theory"! to me.  

Here is a link: to the Double-compound-pendulum-model- which lead me to the confirmation of my intuitiveness in differing applications of The Jackson Method, after reading up on chaos theory.
String theory is also another reference, actually #1 of 4: String theory visual models

The Big Four  C.T. Rasmuss, close-up 2.

Here is a close-up of the close-up: if you look hard enough you'll see a push-pin inserted into the canvas; one  that I used in the process.  I marked this spot that stood out clear as day to me, only to realize later that this acted as the point of origin...which makes complete sense! Especially after considering the Golden Mean & resulting Fractals.

But again you be the judge for yourself:   Images of fractals

Golden Mean model

Just to recap briefly, here is the list of the Big 4, which i know of for now:

1.  Chaos Theory
2.  String Theory
3.  Golden Mean
4.  Fractals

More to come..


No comments:

Post a Comment