Friday, August 15, 2014

Sunflowers for Mork from CHAD

Sunflowers for Mork  CHAD, Pencil (Aug. 11th 2014).


 A few days ago when I drew this Floral Still-Life, it was like any other day, specifically, one in which I was semi-satisfied with what I had accomplished for the day; this was at about 3pm I believe..

So I went outside and looked at my Sunflowers that had started to slouch over, began losing their pedals to the wind, and it's seeds to the birds; after a mix of being a spectator and "what more can be done?" Duh - what was my goal in planting them....Eureka!!

So I cut the ones that did their due and took them up stairs, where I put them into a carafe and wallah!
But why the title?  Well sadly this was the day the great comedian Robin Williams died...I found out this horrible, horrible news, just after finishing this drawing; no sooner than I confirmed it was true, I intuitively dedicated it to Mork, my 1st favorite person/actor when I was young, and now he's gone n all we can do is mourn..

Ode to Peter Pan and Bicentennial Man  CHAD, Marker (Aug 2014).
And the only way I know how to mourn is to honor the dead through my art, hence the title of this piece I did with marker today, its a photo copy of the original 'Sunflowers for Mork'. 

Kinda weird, I just realized that I signed the original drawing using my first name CHAD, marking it very personnal for me, and before I heard the news as I said before, making this all to surreal, very sad.   As these will not be from me the artist but strictly the kid inside who loved everything he did, and why I'll continue to sign them in this manner.

My intentions in mourning over the loss of this great artist, is to keep with the same original drawing and apply different methods and mediums to every copy, I will be dedicating each piece of art to my favorite Williams' characters, perhaps all of his roles, since he was JUST THAT WONDERFUL:(

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment