Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sunflower Harvest - 2014 by C.T. Rasmuss.

My last oil, en plein air, inspired me so much, by way of process and every which way; that I've decided to get my butt going again: before fall arrives I'm planning do a another oil, this time on Sunflowers that I grew this summer.

I figure now to do a series on all 4 seasons, as I just purchased 3 additional canvases for a great price of the same size, the same size as my 'Matisse Garden', the en plein air which I'm referring to.  The canvases are 18" x 24" which I feel are perfect for a still life -floral- as they're also easy to view and carry back and forth to and fro from my studio.

I chose the best 12 photos I took and cleaned them up the best I could, same as last time, weather permitting, I hope to paint it's entirety outdoors, where I'll arrange the photos onto the canvas and alternate them as I see fit, creating an overall, natural composition in harmony with the outdoor mood I'm in:













Add caption

Link to: Matisse Garden - en plein air, an oil by C.T. Rasmuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment