Monday, December 8, 2014

Mazement: Finding the Cheese Again.

Mazement   C.t.Rasmuss, oil (2014).

I can't remember the mood I was in when I set out to paint the above oil abstract, that I finished a few weeks ago, but I can say that the drawing on the canvas about a month before and it just sat there ever since.  Since then I'd been like a deer in headlights, and every time my eyes were cast upon it, it reminded me more and more of my laziness, frustration, vexation, annoyance, or being stumped(perhaps all of them at one point) and this is all I can remember and why I chose this particular painting today.

Because this is also how I feel today, not 'Mazement' as in amazed, but just the opposite: suck in a maze, today I contemplated earlier, hear at a place I frequent for coffee and WIFI, and where I show some of my work; where I picked up four of my artworks today from November's show, as soon as I saw the two large ones leaning on one another face to face(the smaller two in the same fashion I later found), I was instantly offended, I felt immediately that the person in charge of this: 1, has no idea what they're doing and either 2 has no real regard for the art-work.

No matter the actual truth behind it, I got a feeling that my art-work(style) was probably completely misunderstood in such a place, and therefore: I drew a quick conclusion that perhaps it has no home hear or anywhere really; so now I contemplate: "Should it Matter?"(there's a good chance that I could be mis-reading the entire situation); but at least I know I could never twist my talent and make work just to sell - this is entirely out of the question to fix this problem, and as a result I'm faced head on with: the difficult choice to continue on with no promise, nor any clear direction, into the Abyss I feel...lol!

Some days this journey is "on hold", some days I jump in face first, some days it just happens natural, and some days, like over this weekend, it beat me up pretty good, so the question is: What kind of mouse will I be today in this Maze?;  I'd say the same goes for all of us, so...how bout you?..what will you get done today?  As for me, tho minimal, I've at least gotten started...gotten over that hump or around that 1st turn, and hopefully I just might find the cheese again, even if its just for today, F it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment