Friday, August 31, 2012

Origin of Life: Can Science and The Spiritual Coincidet?

                                                     10 States of Being,  C.T. Rasmuss ceramic (2009).

This is a group of sculptures, where my aim was to invent new forms and constructs from scratch(clay), my reference point from which I derived this idea, was from the great philosopher, Aristotle & Surrealist, Joan Miro.  It also serves as a narrative for my theory on:

"Extraterrestrial life vs. the Spiritual"

 I feel that they both argue the origin of life, but from from opposite ends of an 'unrealized' spectrum.  I was originally introduced to Aristotle's 'Physic's' thanks to Dr. Anton, while attending art school at the University of South Florida.

His class actually helped me realize that the sciences can strengthen my faith in God, and strengthen me as an artist.  You can follow this link and learn many years worth of knowledge in just a few moments...it may just change your life, it did mine!!

http://www.anselm.edu/homepage/dbanach/physics.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment