Friday, August 31, 2012

Abstract Art: 'Extraterrestrial life' or a Scientific Replacement for GOD-like?


Extraterrestrial life (from the Latin words: extra ["beyond", or "not of"] and‎ terrestris ["of or belonging to Earth"]) is defined as life that does not originate from Earth.


                                                      'Hallelujah Sun'  C.T. Rasmuss, Acrylic (2010).         


As an artist & Human being, when I think of 'Extraterrestrial life' I don't think of green aliens and flying saucers, I imagine higher spiritual beings & GOD; and I imagine us as creators as well, but on a much smaller scale, or smaller budget if you will:) 

To further explain myself I'll use this painting which originated from Earth because I know, I painted it; but whose to say, that the idea for this painting originated from Earth??  Whose to say what was the inspiration for it, really...

 From a child on up(at least once), most of us take a minute or two, just to stare stare up into the night's sky in order to watch the stars; perhaps even we catch an occasional subconscious glance of it.  How does this affect us??  One thing's for sure is that the stars are not from this earth, lol!   It's in my opinion as well as my soul's gut intuition, that this painting is extraterrestrial in it's inspiration at least; sort of like Van Gogh's 'Stary Night' may well be..

Can this be why we find his work so fascinating?  And like him I believe myself to be a follower of faith; and that it's GOD's will, that I follow through on this unknown yet invisibly guided path!!

This painting is perhaps just one of the many bread crumbs that I'll leave behind on this path, but not for the intention of my own traveling back down it(I hope)...I wish only to travel this path once and never go back through it again, only in the way of fond memories!!

We all leave behind crumbs, what are yours?

C.T. Rasmuss

No comments:

Post a Comment