Saturday, September 1, 2012

I'm a Believer and I Find the Earth to be Exciting also, Bill Nye


       Check out the latest of what the experts have to "tell"
            us about our world, compliments of Mr Nye:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHbYJfwFgOU&feature=player_embedded

http://front.moveon.org/bill-nye-the-science-guy-was-asked-about-evolution-deniers-and-this-is-what-he-said/#.UEIAOHKl9Ws.facebook

Big Bang TheoryC.T. Rasmuss, acrylic (2007).
                                                        
After actually watching this snipet from You Tube by Bill Nye-"The Science Guy', in an effort so that I'm not biased, I know for sure I can honestly ask him: "why does he have to deny the spiritual?"  if I have to accept the scientific...it's only fair isn't it?  This is important to me because I tend to be highly spiritually, I think this is mostly why I'm a good artist and I'm also intrigued by science, "why can't we have both?".

Should I tell my "engineer child" to have a strong moral code only because the law of science or the stoic philosophers say so...I have the right to believe in the existence of GOD(s) or deny it, just like we all should have the right, so I say: read exactly what I've said before you reproach me on this people, but I believe GOD(s) is the greatest scientist, especially when compared to mere terrestrial ones like Bill Nye and Steven Hawking...If you want to test my theory on this one, then just take a look at the painting I did above.

I used no telescope nor photo form the Hubble, it was pure subconscious thought in scientific terms, or in the spiritual world referred to as divine inspiration; I'll be the judge on the later for my own personal freedom, which allows me still.  One thing we can agree on Bill is that this Universe is exciting to learn about, but why must we all fall in line with your theory, or you fall in line with mine? are you a GOD, or I your Master?? because from the video all I see is a mere mortal like myself..

C.T.

Today is October 9th of 2014:

It's been 2 years after originally writing this blog, and pretty much feel the same as I did the the first time watching the snipet and I would like to say that I like Bill Nye ever since I was a kid, I learned a lot from him; but this time I feel a little offended.  For a better explanation on my part what I mean is:  As far as creationism vs. evolution goes, I don't think anyone should force their theory on another, even if one is obviously wrong, as neither side can truly be proven nor disproved beyond a reasonable doubt.

Bill Nye(also he made a prophesy if you will about a non-creationist society, bad mojo man, lol) telling kids that GOD doesn't exist is just as bad as Priests telling kids that science is wrong, especially when there are many religions like there are many scientific sects(not all scientists agree on evolutionary theories or evolution itself even) this type of crossing boundaries is not good , like saying: Philosophers of aesthetics telling artists what is good or bad, and I say we keep our nose out of each other's personal faiths when in public service especially.

As for me, I believe in both to some degree, as well as deny/disbelieve some parts of both, but this is what makes me a better artist, I think; I explore through my canvases and sculptures, hoping to find that "better world", I'm a spiritual explorer in a scientific universe; I'm quite theoretical and hope someday that scientists can figure out some of the things I come across artistically(which may contribute to some of societies' exploration of our universe).

SO:

Mathematicians made discoveries from the artwork of M.C. Escher, but this would not be possible if he did not have the 100% freedom to be the artist he was and believe what he did, and so this is how it must stay, no matter what side of a 'ridiculous line' you stand on, just my opinion(as it stands for now ).  I don't wish to argue with anyone through posting this.  All I hope really, is for tolerance; tolerance for differing opinions, beliefs and backgrounds, in a healthy artistic culture that we so desperately need - spiritually & scientifically speaking:)

1 comment:

  1. because if your trying to force my hand into believing in science only now, next you tell me how exactly yo be creative..

    ReplyDelete