Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Number 6 & 'Perception - Can Change'

                                                Self-Hand Study C.T. Rasmuss, graphite/charcoal (2008).


"6 is the first number which is neither a square number nor a prime number. Six is the second smallest composite number; its proper divisors are 1, 2 and 3.  Since six equals the sum of its proper divisors, six is the smallest perfect number."[1][2] Wiki


There are numerous other definitions and parameters of the number 6 and implications; depending on things like, what religion someone is or it's (#6) relation to the infinite possibility of the scientific explanations within the cosmos.  Culturally, I was brought up to be partly superstitious with things like black cats, spilling the salt, or walking under ladders; I've also learned that 6 is not a good number symbolically, the mark of the Beast, etc


So during the "dark" day today which I was having earlier, it was confirmed by 6 birds I saw in the sky.  They were flying across my vision from the road as I was driving, despite my bad day that was well on its way being confirmed by this numerical omen, I uncharacteristically became determined to see the good in it, "against the norm" if you will.  I split the 6 birds into 3 pairs of 2, therefore expanding my perception beyond the doom and gloom of the bad #6 flying above me. 

Art lesson learned for me today:  "As a somewhat superstitious artist, I see that perception can sometimes change, by determination alone; as beauty is always there - you just have to look for it.

C.T. Rasmuss

No comments:

Post a Comment