Saturday, September 8, 2012

Aesthetics: "Truth and Beauty"

                                                                  'Volcanic Sunrise', C.T. Rasmussen; 2011

Aesthetics (also spelled æsthetics) is a branch of philosophy dealing with the nature of beauty, art, and taste, with the creation and appreciation of beauty.[1] [2] It is more scientifically defined as the study of sensory or sensori-emotional values, sometimes called judgments of sentiment and taste.[3] More broadly, scholars in the field define aesthetics as "critical reflection on art, culture and nature."

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aesthetics

"Beauty and Truth have been argued to be nearly synonymous"' Wiki, I agree with this statement; as an artist I search for truth through tasks of rendering beauty in any artistic form I can.  I include mathematics, color theory, shape, scale, symmetry, anything that can get me there as far as this philosophy is concerened; I aim to maximize my experience through constant experimentation in these parameters.  Today I can safely say that I feel that I am on the right path to find truth in the world, thanks to all those who have collectively contributed to this study of truth and beauty and continue to do so!!

C.T. Rasmussen


No comments:

Post a Comment