Monday, September 10, 2012

"Today was a Good Day" says the Endeavoring Artist

                                                                      'Time Factor,' C.T. Rasmussen; 2011

Today I sold a 2nd painting at my solo exhibit, Universal Thinker.  Last week, as some of you might already know I experienced some disapointment pertaining to some display issues; that are now thankfully taken care of.  Two things I am starting to see, actually three aspects maybe that make a successful exhibition:

1. News coverage of any kind to document the show.
2. A great opening with a good mix of family, friends and people you never met before. (especially
    if they ask a lot of quetions and offer a lot of direction or feedback of their own)
3. And at lest one sale of a piece of artwork.

I say the later because mostly it's a show of support and confirmation from others which also furthers me to be able to move ahead as an artist by re-capitulaitng the funds into further and hopefuly better developed work; for upcoming exhibits and conversation.  I am sure there are many artists that can agree with me as well as some out there that can argue some of these points, my goal in this post is to communicate to anyone out there, my own personal philosophy on how to answer people the question:  "So how is your show going?", honestly and in one universal and cohesive response.

Thank you Mary Lou for making my day:)

C.T. Rasmussen

follow these links for information on Universal Thinker running til September 29th:

http://local.cincinnati.com/share/story/195959

http://www.fairfield-city.org/cac/exhibits.cfm



No comments:

Post a Comment