Sunday, November 11, 2012

"How Much do you Want for that Painting?"


Comet Characteristic 2  C.T. Rasmuss, acrylic (2011).



"How Much do you Want for that Painting?"

Something all of us artists come across eventually, if your fortunate to stay at the profession long enough; and upon hearing such a phrase, for some it may be music to the ears.  As far as for me, personally as some others out there, it's at first a compliment(and very much appreciated that someone actually shows interest in what you put your heart into) but then another reality sets in: $ - 'The evil of all evils".  

So, trade this piece of beauty for that ugly, bacteria laden paper?? well as they say: "it takes all kinds" and the way I'm referencing it here, is that I need to live, to eat, I need more supplies and to finance (another one of those unwanted terms) ways of introducing the public, to new ideas and my works of art they otherwise couldn't (hopefully)appreciate...and I, the artist as a result have the pleasure to fulfill my 
-Dreams, my Destiny.  

So I would like to let 'everyone' out there know, that I personally would like to sell each piece of artwork for $100,000 to a millionaire, or 5 bucks to those who have less than me; but of course depending on the time and material put into the artwork in question(give or take a few thousand, haha).


Still!  The question remains: "How Much do you Want for that Painting?"

'Well whatever you can spare if the price is: Fair!'


...and as always thank you very much for askin!!!
                                      
               - C.T. Rasmuss








2 comments:

  1. I sorta hurt me to see someone buy NIGHT SAILING but it was all for the best. I appreciate your sliding scale though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shawn! Agreed, 'all for the best'!

      Well it's like this, that one had a frame, and I'd at least use a similar Composition from memory to create a new piece for you; in a way you'd be the inspiration for the painting I'll be creating.

      Of course it would be quite different in style perhaps, but with a very similar composition. If you like it then it's yours for a 'Fair' price of $25, ($35 minus 10) for there being no frame...and if it's not your cup of tea then I still have an artwork out of it as a study, which would totally be fine..it's merely a way for me to have a purpose, and you to recover your loss my friend..??

      Delete