Monday, November 12, 2012

'Purple People Bridge' of Cincinnati, OH

Purple People Bridge  C.T.Rasmuss, watercolor (2010).


"When the Mood Strikes You!"
Sure!  We've all heard this one before and when it did; this is what I did in the early days of Spring-2010.  I drove down to Newport, Kentucky and set-up to paint this bridge; it's a bridge with a history, just recently re-opened I'd just encountered it after being back in town 6 months or so at the time.
 (Cincinnati that is)

I've visited the bridge only a few times to paint since back in 2011, and it's not because the mood hasn't struck me, as in fact the mood's struck me countless times.  I've been back down there plenty of times for art exhibits in the area, I even have a studio across the river in Cinci; and I park on that side all the time for Red's games, or the numerous events always going on downtown ..I guess it's just that 'it' hasn't struck me hard enough I suppose, and the thought of lugging all my stuff down there (not enough stuff for a good excuse); it also isn't the crowds of people that scare me away neither. 

 I really think it's just a force that mysteriously blows the other way:

The mood strikes me and then an ostentatious gust of wind blows it back in the other direction...so as of today I vow to take my brush to the 'Purple People Bridge' and apply it to the canvas; right when the 1st snow hits which seems to be my fate, a way to redeem myself.  It also makes for a good study, a study in comparing the bridge in the Spring to the Winter's Bridge-side of things..  

And you are all my witnesses to hold me to it; and to all of those of who read yesterday's blog, I did go into my class today and finished that artwork I promised myself teaching some good art-students all the while..summing up a great day as it will be a great day this winter when I attempt this 'Bridge' once again!!!

Relief at last!!!!! 

Acrylic I think I'll use..

No comments:

Post a Comment