Sunday, November 18, 2012

'Walk the Line' by C.T. Rasmuss

Walk the Line  C.T. Rasmuss, watercolor/ink (2012).


It was a Saturday night, last night in fact and I was in the middle of watching Walk the Line; a movie based on Johnny Cash's autobiography, hence the title for the painting/drawing above.  I's about the 5th time I saw the movie, but the best experience of watching it yet; as I have come to better understand his struggles personally since 1st seeing it in 2005. 

I've been intrigued by his persona (The Man in Black) ever since I could remember, and after an hour into it last night I had an urge to accomplish something myself.  During a commercial I went into my closet and grabbed the 1st canvas or 'watercolor' paper I could get my hands on and ended up with this one, a piece that already had this watercolor on it; rather using the fresh back I instantly recalled saving it three years prior in hopes of returning to it.  

So I just started on the unfinished side, filling in what I could see with an ink pen to finish what I started; and sorta like how Cash and Mrs. Carter returned to each other in the end for a great/true ending - so did I with this artwork so to speak, lol!

After finalizing it. I then wondered what to title it.."Walk the Line"! hit me instantaneously, but I thought it would be too cliche...then just after studying it some more today, it came to me again.."Walk the Line"!!  

This time instead I noticed the idea of a wild/meandering line leading from the bottom left corner up to the heavens fading into the top right corner; with the sun position in the top left and our moon in the bottom right corner.  

And so you have it, my correspondence to 'Walking the line"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment