Monday, November 26, 2012

'Ode to Vincent Van Gogh'; Day 5 by C.T.Rasmuss

Fish Jump Too, 14 of 100   C.T.Rasmuss, India ink (2012).



Concentric Daisies, 15 of 100   C.T.Rasmuss, India ink (2012).



Quixote in The Orient, 16 of 100   C.T.Rasmuss, India ink (2012).




Kevin Loughran Whew!! Your Marathon is Gathering Pace, Chad!! I am reminded of a quote by Picasso... "There IS Inspiration Out There, but It has to Find Us Working." You are Certainly Working Hard, and I'm Sure that Some Ace Pics will be Seen... :)
11 hours ago · Unlike · 1


Thanks again Kevin for the boost in spirit! 

 I hope your right, lol!...I find it ironic how you mention Picasso, because coincidentally I focused on his style in preparation for the above works that I did just last night(w/ India ink).

As a framer last year, I worked on some prints of his, some minimalist/iconic ink drawings he did; I've always wanted to try it(as minimalism is on the other-side of the spectrum, challenging for me).

I have a similar interest in prints from the East like Van Gogh did; he was a Western pioneer in his interest however, 

but still!  I think Picasso brings an interesting twist to "Ode to Vincent Van Gogh"; 100 in 30 Days..

as Picasso was 'A Terrorist on Idleness'!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment