Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Huang Gongwang's 'Dwelling in the Fuchun Mountains' (Part 2of 2).

China Horizon  C.T.Rasmuss, India ink (2012).


Last Friday I blogged (Part 1of 2) and noted that I ran into bit of a problem using Huang Gongwang's 'Dwelling in the Fuchun Mountains' as a composition for my action painting performance at Creativa.  Well the performance went great resulting in 'White Castle Sonata' and the bonus is the resulting piece above: 
China Horizon; basically Gongwang's masterpiece below sparked this whole arrangement for me.

Well thanks Huang for the direction, if you ever get a chance to read this or see this piece (which is an entirely different story).  It is what it is....the whole premises for my piece; which starts with a single line in the hills continuing onto the right of the background.

Although this starting point is the only part I truly incorporated from Gongwang's masterpiece, I still couldn't have created it with out the help of an artist that lived nearly 800 years ago-on the other side of the world...

Small world after all, ey?....with plenty of inspiration I might add!!!



                          Dwelling in the Fuchun Mountains (1st half)  Huang Gongwang (1350).      

No comments:

Post a Comment